Our skilled Information, Research and Training Services team can:
- help you begin your research by suggesting a variety of print and electronic sources about your topic
- explain how to find materials in our online catalogue
- explain how to use print materials and online databases
- explain how to use legal research tools
- direct you to sources of law, including statutes and cases
- direct you to books containing forms and court rules
- help you locate, update and note-up a particular statute or case
- locate journal articles and reports
- verify citations
- refer you to sources of information outside the libraries
Reference and research services are available in person, by telephone, or through our online Ask a Law Librarian form.
Please Note: We cannot give legal advice, interpret the meaning of statutes, cases or regulations, select statutes, cases or regulations for your situation, choose specific forms or language to use in forms, tell you how to file a document, what document to file, how to proceed with court actions or state opinions on legal matters.
(available to registered clients only):
Statute or Case Note-up
$10.00 per statute or case (multiple databases searched; fee includes printing and document delivery).
Request a note-up using our Ask a Law Librarian form
$50.00 per subject search (multiple databases searched; fee includes printing and document delivery)
Request a subject search using our Ask a Law Librarian form
- $0.50 per page and $5.00 service charge per order (maximum of 5 items per order)
- Priority service (delivery within 2 hours, when request placed on a regular business day before 2:00 PM) is available; an additional $5.00 rush fee applies.
*Please note that large orders (over 100 pages of clean copying) may require a longer turn around time. We will contact you if the time to complete your request may exceed one business day.
Access materials from other libraries
Fees may apply