In this guide, you will find information and resources about criminal law as it pertains specifically to youth.
- Annotated Youth Criminal Justice Act service, 2nd ed. by The Honourable Justice Greene et al. Table of Contents
- A Guide to the Youth Criminal Justice Act by Lee Tustin & Robert E. Lutes Table of Contents
- Prosecuting and Defending Youth Criminal Justice Cases, 2nd ed. by Brock Jones. Table of Contents
- Youth and the Criminal Law in Canada by Sherri Davis-Barron Table of Contents
- Youth Criminal Justice Act Manual by Peter J. Harris & Miriam H. Bloomenfeld Table of Contents
Commentary and digests are provided on sentencing principles and the sanctions possible under the YCJA. Also included are digests organised by offence.
- Youth Criminal Justice Law, 3rd ed. by Nicholas Bala & Sanjeev Anand Table of Contents Also available as an e-text
For more information on finding cases see our research guide: Finding and researching cases.
Alberta Court Judgments
A collection of the judgments of the Alberta Courts is available from CanLII. The official version of the reasons for judgment is the signed original or handwritten endorsement in the court file. If there is a question about the content of a judgment, the original court file takes precedence.
Canadian Encyclopedic Digest
Sections related to Criminal Law – Youth include:
- Youth Criminal Justice.
The CED provides discussion of these areas of law with annotations to legislation and case law. Additional information may be found by searching the indexes or database using the keywords “impaired driving,” “driving while impaired,” “breathalyzer,” “breath sample,” “blood sample,” etc.
Also available electronically through: Westlaw Canada
Halsbury's Laws of Canada
Titles related to Criminal Law – Youth include:
Additional information may be found under other topical headings.
- Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminal Law Quarterly
- For the Defence – Criminal Lawyers’ Association Newsletter
We connect you to the world of legal information in an open and innovative environment.
When you need it. How you need it.