To use our Ask a Law Librarian service, please fill in and submit the form below. You may expect a reply within two business days (Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays). If you need more immediate assistance, please call or visit one of our libraries.
- direct you to sources of law, including statutes and cases
- direct you to books containing forms and court rules
- suggest search strategies for our catalogue, databases and the Internet
- refer you to sources of information outside the libraries
- refer you to other agencies available to help with questions about the law
Additional reference and research services are available to registered Law Society of Alberta clients. (fees apply)
- Statute or Case Note-up
- Subject Search
- Access Materials from Other Libraries
Please note: We cannot give legal advice, interpret the meaning of statutes, regulations or cases, select statutes, regulations or cases for your situation, choose specific forms or language to use in forms, tell you how to file a document, what document to file, how to proceed with court actions, or state opinions on legal matters.