In this guide, you will find information and resources about Bankruptcy Law.
- Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2022 Table of contents. Also available as an e-text through InsolvencySource. This item is issued annually.
- Bankruptcy Law Picture Book: a Brief Intro Into the Law of Bankruptcy, in Pictures by Wela Quan Table of Contents. Also available as an e-text.
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency Law, 2nd ed. by Roderick Wood Table of Contents. Also available as an e-text.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law of Canada, 4th ed. by L. W. Houlden, C. H. Morawetz and Janis Sara Table of Contents
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law of Canada: Cases, Materials and Problems, by Stephanie Ben-Ishai and Thomas G. W. Telfer, editors Table of Contents
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Family Law, 2nd ed. by Robert Klotz Table of Contents
- Bennett on Bankruptcy, 25th ed. by Frank Bennett Table of Contents
- Bennett on Bankruptcy Precedents, 3rd ed. by Frank Bennett Table of Contents
- Bennett on Consumer Bankruptcy: a Practical Guide for Canadians by Frank Bennett Table of Contents
- Bennett on Receiverships, 4th ed. by Frank Bennett Table of Contents includes precedents
- Canadian Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law for Commercial Tenancies, by David Bish Table of Contents
- Canadian Commercial Reorganization: Preventing Bankruptcy, by Richard H. McLaren Table of Contents
- Debtor-Creditor and Collections Law in Alberta by McKay White Table of Contents
- Halsbury’s Laws of Canada – Bankruptcy and insolvency Table of Contents
- Honsberger’s Bankruptcy in Canada, 5th ed. by Vern DaRae and John Honsberger Table of Contents
Last revised July 27, 2023
- Alberta Courts – Making an Application for a Discharge from Bankruptcy – court procedure booklet
- Bankruptcy Basics for Albertans – CPLEA
- Bankruptcy – Canadian Legal FAQ’s
- Bankruptcy and Foreclosure – Law Central Alberta
- Collections Agencies – CPLEA
- Debt and Borrowing – Government of Canada
- Debt, Collections, & Bankruptcy (2020) – Student Legal Services of Edmonton
- Foreclosure in Alberta – CPLEA
- Foreclosure Matters: what to do in Court – video by Probono law Alberta
- Got Debt? – webinar by CPLEA
- Got Debt problems? – CPLEA
- Help with Debt Alberta – Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta
- Law Now – search the website for articles on Bankruptcy and Debt
- Money Mentors – credit counselling; can help with creditor negotiations and the orderly payment of debts program.
- Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy – Government of Canada
- Consumer Debt Negotiation Service – Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- can help with consumer debt negotiation, complete online application to determine if they can help.
We connect you to the world of legal information in an open and innovative environment.
When you need it. How you need it.