Our skilled Information, Research and Training Services team can:
- help you begin your research by suggesting a variety of print and electronic sources about your topic
- explain how to find materials in our online catalogue
- explain how to use print materials and online databases
- explain how to use legal research tools
- direct you to sources of law, including statutes and cases
- direct you to books containing forms and court rules
- help you locate, update and note-up a particular statute or case
- locate journal articles and reports
- verify citations
- refer you to sources of information outside the libraries
Reference and research services are available in person, by telephone, or through our online Ask a Law Librarian form.
Please Note : We cannot give legal advice, interpret the meaning of statutes, cases or regulations, select statutes, cases or regulations for your situation, choose specific forms or language to use in forms, tell you how to file a document, what document to file, how to proceed with court actions or state opinions on legal matters.
Customized Legal Research Services (available to registered clients only):
Statute or Case Note-up